Projects: Samsung Universe, Khan Academy Tablet App
Role: UX Designer
Universe is a software application for social networking between all Samsung devices enabling users connect with each other and share/view each others’ content as well as public content available online. As a part of a large team, I designed human-centered interfaces for tablet devices providing simple, attractive, and seamless experiences among all devices and content types.
Universe combined various spheres of activity similar to today’s most recognized social applications letting consumers stay up to date with all types of content created by people and organizations. To protect client confidentiality, I will only be sharing blurred wireframes below.
Khan Academy Tablet App
Khan Academy is a non-profit educational organization founded in 2006 by Salman Khan with a goal of creating an accessible platform for everyone to receive and provide education in almost any topic.
Our team was hired to come up with the user interaction design for the tablet app, while I solely worked on the user interaction for discovering, exploring, and viewing lessons on the platform.
I studied existing video watching and discovery apps, as well as the KA web app interaction at the time.
- Clean, visually pleasing design that highlights the content and invites exploration
- Simple, intuitive structure with easy navigation & access to features
- Put the student and their learning at the center of the experience
- Focus on delivering a solid foundation for interaction, with minimal innovation
- Frequent interaction with engineering to ensure feasibility/alignment
- App structure & navigation map
- Wireframe specs for interaction design elements
- Wireframe specs for visual design elements
Below, you can find the wireframes for the navigation. Due to client protection, the comps are blurred.